Legal Question in Elder Law in India

How much of right has a son on his mothers pension, father is 81 years and not wiling to give any share even though verbally my mother has said half the pension should be given to me.

Asked on 12/02/15, 9:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vivek Mapara Vivek N. Mapara

NO. You do not have any right on any money or property of your Father or Mother. Any property earned and purchased by your father and mother of their own funds, are their absolute property, and their children have no right, whatsoever, to claim on such property. After death of father or mother, the children may inherit such property, subject to the WILL executed by them. IN WILL, instead of granting you the estate, your father and mother can also donate or give gift, of charity of such property to any other person, and cannot have any CLAIM or SHARE therein. This is self earned and not ancestral.

So far so pension is concerned, I wonder how could one make any claim on the same.

Really wonder, when father and mother are of so advance age, normally children should feed them and give them money, however, really surprised that children are grown so greedy to even take share from even the pension money of elderly age old parents.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/15, 11:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in India