Legal Question in Elder Law in India

a widow elder aged about 80 years residing at her own house with her son aged more than 45 years who is in service and her daughter in law. her only married daughter residing with her husband who is also a sr.citizen living in another state about 250 km away from her father and mother's house. now the son of the elder widow is not willing to look after his mother. now it is requested to advise what is the duty of the son and daughter of the widow elder so that the elder may live her life peacefully.

Asked on 2/15/14, 9:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

she can claim maintainence from her son under section 125 crpc. if the property is in her name she can ask her son to vacate the same.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/14, 7:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in India