Legal Question in Family Law in India

what happens when a

1)498a case is filed against an nri husband? is he deported?

2) how often is the hearing of 498 a

Asked on 8/01/13, 12:32 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Vishwa Arya Arya & Co.

No, he cannot b deported merely because of 498a. No distinct proceedings

For NRI . He will have to get bail and contest the case but will hv 2 appear on every still

Unless exemption is taken from court or high court. If

There is no truth or no case is made out fm

Complaint then one may go to HC for quashing of proceedings

Read more
Answered on 8/01/13, 12:47 am

He may be deported but there is a solution of this problem and you will not require to visit India.


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 8/01/13, 1:22 am

dear client if 498-a is filed and if husband is deported court will send summons to his address through embassy. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 8/01/13, 1:33 am
Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

He may face arrest warrants and a declaration of "Proclaimed Offender".

Read more
Answered on 8/01/13, 1:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India