Legal Question in Family Law in Nigeria

I have a 4 month old baby boy with a lady i did not marry (obviously, this has created a lot of complications and anger) . Is it possible to seek legal custody and joint physical custody of this child from the Lagos State court (Nigeria) and what are my chances of succeeding? As it appears that my access to seeing this based on the mood of my estranged partner (I have only seen this child twice since he was born). I have also met all financial cost related to the child to date. I need more access to my young child - what do you suggest?

Asked on 7/12/18, 6:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rotimi Ogunlade Rotimi Ogunlade & Associates

What you should approach the court for is access to your child upon giving adequate notice to the mother. For further assistance or clarification feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/12/18, 7:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nigeria