Legal Question in Family Law in Philippines

I have an 8 year daughter in the philippines with my former gf then. we did not became a couple though & after the birth of the child she put the name in the child birth certificate the name of his former bf.they are not living together & have separate lives.what is the process of changing the name of my daughter to her name or mine?the former bf is making a stand that he wont give his permission for the changes for some reason.what kind of legal way to be done in this case?

Asked on 12/05/13, 11:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


You can establish paternity of the child by DNA test.If proven you are the father then you can ask the cancellation of the entries in the child's birth certificate such as the name of this former bf.

Read more
Answered on 12/31/13, 6:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Philippines