Legal Question in Family Law in India

After 14 years of marriage my husband do not revealing about his properties, and I am moved out with my son from my husband’s home by my in laws. How can I get the correct information about the property?

Asked on 9/09/22, 9:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Please be informed that if the husband does not have the property in his name, you will not be able to claim from your in laws. However your son may claim from his grand parents only if the property(s) is ancestral. He may not have any right to claim his father's property also if his father's property is self acquired but in such case you will have a right over your husband's property. In case your husband has inherited or inherits property from his parents or ancestors, then your son will be a beneficiary of such a property excluding you.

There is no law binding any male to disclose his wealth to his wife, but ironically husband and wife are considered as one in Hindu law as well as ancient Greek law. You may have to hire a private detective to get a list of the properties or file a suit against him ( not advisable) for permanent and mandatory injunction to disclose his assets.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/22, 1:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India