Legal Question in Family Law in India

My daughter left husband due to his cruelty by way of mental torture and abuse in words and acts. Now he has filed petition for divorce in family court at Bangalore stating cruelty by her to him. The court has asked her to appear on 21.8.2021 at Bangalore. Now she and her daughter aged 16 yrs are in Kerala with me (her father) and depending me for all their needs lke food, clothes, medical etc. All his allegations against her are false. As she (and we) has no financial abilities to appear in the court at Bangalore she made an appeal to transfer the case to our place Palakkad. Kindly advise how she can get justice. She is not much educated and not employed. As she cannot withstand his torture any more she is willing to give divorce. Kindly advise whether she will get any financial support from him. Thank you.

Asked on 7/07/21, 3:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

She can approach the supreme court for transfer of petition of her husband from Banglalore to Kerala. In case she has financial constraints, she may approach Supreme Court Legal Service Authority and she would be given legal support free of charge. She can also approach the Legal Service Authority in District Court, Palakkad and following the same process, she can file petition for maintenance and her other rights without incurring legal expenses. you may get information on this website.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/21, 8:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India