Legal Question in Family Law in India

dear Sir, my brother-in-law's wife and her family one day suddenly filed an NC in police station stating the harrasment by my brother in law and his mother to her. After that her family took her back to her father's home. its been one month she deserted her matrimonial home. We tried to give counseling to both his and her to live happy marriage life but she is not willing to return back. Her family put condition to her husband to separate from his parents the only she will return. But now they have denied that too. meanwhile they also demanded all her belongings back -i.e. jwellery, luggage etc which we returned her all. she keeps saying she will not return but does not say what next. her family keeps threatening to go to Mahila aayog and police. Pleas suggest what can be done in this case....

Asked on 9/28/13, 5:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

1. Return her belongings;

2. Try to accept her demands and bring her back.

Read more
Answered on 9/28/13, 11:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India