Legal Question in Family Law in India

Dear Sir

A lady who had obtained divorce by mutual consent from her previous marriage in a notarized way through a notary within six months of her marriage and later she got married to me.It is now more than 6 years since I got married to her. Is this marriage of mine with her legal?Is it a valid marriage or a null and void marriage?She was also infertile at the time and since marriage with me.These things were not disclosed to me. What should be the course of action for me?

Asked on 10/23/10, 7:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rashmi Bhatia Sangare Private Practise

Your marriage is null and void as she has not obtained decree of divorce from the Court. You have to take your own decision relating to separation.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/10, 10:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India