Legal Question in Family Law in Ethiopia

I want a divorce but my husband refused to sign papers... what shall i do?

Asked on 1/09/14, 4:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dear Sir;

In Ethiopia there are two types of divorce processes.

1. Divorce by mutual consent

2. Unilateral divorce

If your husband doesn't want to proceed with the mutual consent divorce you can proceed with the unilateral divorce process. In this case you (by yourself or by representation of a lawyer) will apply for divorce by yourself and your husband will be called to court as a defendant and the court will decide on your divorce application.

For further information please read our blog note on such issue entitled Divorce and Ethiopian Law - Divorce and Its Effects Under Ethiopian Family Law

Kind regards

Read more
Answered on 1/09/14, 8:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ethiopia