Legal Question in Family Law in India

Dvc order was pronounced on 12 April 2018, but due to some reason there was delay in handing over the typed order from court ..the order copy was finally handed over to the parties on 22 Nd September 2018.

As the order was pronounced on 12 april, CA Copy was filed by my lawyer in the court on 25th April, 2018 and it was rejected and struck off on 31 August 2018. He was told to file petition under some rule 11 so that the CA can be restored. Inspite of regular follow up kept delaying ....I filed a party in person petition on 4th Oct thinking that my advocate is delaying in getting order.

Now me being the husband, wanted to go the appeal on the Dvc order which gave following reliefs to my wife

1) maintainence 15k per month.

2) alternate accomodation 5k pm

3) compensation 1 Lakh to be paid by May 2018.

Now I approached another lawyer for filing an appeal. He said initially that order obtained through party in person petition is sufficient to go for appeal with delay condonation petition.

The judged signed and dated the order as 12 April 2018.

Please clarify whether my appeal will be allowed if I mention the previous CA number or do i need to provide the evidence in appeal saying that the order was handed over in sept 2018 .

Asked on 11/05/18, 4:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Please check the dates at last page. Everything will be mentioned in the stamp marked by the court.

Your lawyer will deal it property, so better to approach your lawyer.


[email protected]


Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/18, 7:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India