Legal Question in Family Law in India

hi, i have been falsely implicated in dowry case i.e 498 and couple of months back we agreed to compromise and filed compromise petition in the court to withdraw 498, we had already paid 16lac to the girl and now she is not willing to withdraw the case, further want to share that maintenance case was already closed by the court only on this basis that we had paid the girl 16lac and her elder brother had given his statement in the court and had agreed to withdraw the 498. kindly advice is it possibly that she can back out from her compromise petition which is submitted in the court and she is willing to get the divorce as well.

Asked on 6/20/13, 10:51 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Yash Kumar Yash Kumar & Co.

Dear Sir,

No it is not possible to backtrack now for her. You can file contempt of law proceedings against her. For further assistance feel free to contact on 08750228171.


Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 12:24 am

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

You can file a petition for quashing in the high court after moving a contempt against her in the court where she accepted Rs. 16 lacs.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 10:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India