Legal Question in Family Law in India

My father is hostage holding both me and my mom financially, recently limiting our spends to only electricity and my school fee. The only reason for this being us disagreeing to go see him when he never comes to see us (he lives in a different state due to work). My father has been in multiple affairs with other women, has beat me up and choked me in the past, and, regularly abuses my mother (verbally) and when together in person, physically too sometimes. Is there any legal action, aside from a divorce, that can be taken against him.

Asked on 6/01/21, 1:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

A petition for domestic violence

A complaint u/s 125 Crpc for maintenance

Read more
Answered on 6/06/21, 1:29 am
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

I concur with Mr. Gupta

Read more
Answered on 6/10/21, 6:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India