Legal Question in Family Law in India

i have filed for a divorce. i have not been staying with my husband for the last 7 years. i have a daughter and have asked for the complete custody of hers. my initial counseling sessions are over and the petition has been filed and the final date for divorce is out. i have asked for no alimony but the complete custody of my child. the date is 30 dec 2013. is there any way that my husband can change his stand before the date given by the court for final divorce and stop the complete custody of the child to me.

Asked on 7/20/13, 8:37 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Please keep in mind that the custody of child under Indian Law is more of a decision to be taken on the sole consideration of the welfare of the child.

It is very unlikely to change the stand, unless it is proved that the earlier decision was taken under coercion, threat etc.,

Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 9:05 pm

dear client he can change the stand but court will consider all evidence before it and gave the judgement. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 9:16 pm
Lovkesh Gupta Advocate And Lawyer In Jalandhar.

both t parents have meeting rights & any one claim custody. Court will see t benefit of child

Read more
Answered on 7/21/13, 1:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India