Legal Question in Family Law in Nigeria

Good morning. My marriage will be 10years this year. My husband has been having an affair with another woman since 2009. We have had quarrels and family meetings but he hasn't stopped. We have 3 girls. I want a divorce and custody of my children though with him taking full responsibility for the welfare of my children. I've seen condoms in his possession and pictures of this lady naked in bed. I want out immediately.

Asked on 3/07/16, 12:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Israel Usman Classfield Solicitors

Adultery is a ground for dicvorce if you indicate that that you cannot live with it. Depending on the circumstances and what you show the court, pictures of the naked woman and the condoms may be sufficient (but not always) as proof of adultery.

you also need to have the evidence (condoms and pictures (which i suspect might be on his phone, thereby making it difficult to provide to court).

Finally, the law requires that you join the other woman as a"Co-respondent" in the petition for divorce. that means you need to get her name and address. However, you may be able to dispense with name and address under certain circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 3/21/16, 12:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nigeria