Legal Question in Family Law in India

I am from gujarat and i am roman catholic, i want to marry with hindu boy who is from surat, gujarat, will catholic church allow for marriage in the church? what is the procedure for it. if the boy converts for marriage, his caste and surname will be changed?

IF the hindu boy not coverts in Christianity, then marriage in the church allowed? And after that my Holy Communion will be allowed or not? The kids can follow both hindu and Christian religion? The kids can take baptism also?

Pl reply me

Asked on 8/14/17, 5:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aileen Marques Independent

Yes you can marry him in the church. The hindu boy will continue remaining a Hindu and he does not need to convert. Go and meet your Parish priest and he will guide you about the formalities under the Indian Christian Marriage act. The church will allow the marriage even if the boy doesnt convert. There is no need for the boy to convert.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/17, 10:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India