Legal Question in Family Law in India


My friend is going through marital issues and was planning to get divorce. Her father requested husbands to have a talk with all elders sitting and making a decision. But husband's father filed a case saying girls father is abusing us verbally and girl took all her gold and left premises 5 years back.

My question here is is my friend's father allowed to see copy of complaint that her hsuband's father filled against them. As when he asked SIP about the copy of complaint he said he is not allowed to show it until case goes to court.

Is there any law in Hyderabad that you are not allowed to see copy of complaint filled against you? as he wants to see what's in the false complaint before he takes any action.



Asked on 3/27/18, 8:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal

He is free under Law whether to show you the complaint or not. He can not be forced. If there is a police complaint, police might have called you by now or police is just sitting over the complaint. Why don't she better explore options for getting a divorce instead of all these?


Read more
Answered on 3/27/18, 10:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India