Legal Question in Family Law in India


This is regarding a marriage in India. I received a legal notice from my in-laws falsely accusing me of fraud, desertion and fake promises and that I damaged their daughters life. They asked for immediate compensation and threatened with my deportation to India.

I responded to their legal notice through my attorney and said we are ready to proceed with divorce. It's been more than 2 months now since the legal response was emailed (not regular mail because of covid). Since then in-laws have stopped communicating with us or even pick up calls. How long can shall we have to wait before thinking of next strategy.

Asked on 6/18/20, 12:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Engage a Lawyer in India who will attend the proceedings here and will have the matter heard by video Conferencing when you are required. That's how you will be able to attain divorce.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/20, 9:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India