Legal Question in Family Law in Philippines

If a husband is physically separated to his wife for almost 4 years now and has on/off communication with wife (they dont see each other, husband dont visit the kids..they seldom talk over the phone and when they did, its because of financial support for the children) decided to settle the matter and both had a mutual (verbal) agreement that they want an annulment ( the husband will file and spend for it) and both parties are currently seeking for a separation agreement at dswd, 1. how long will the process be, 2. will it be approved, what are the grounds, 3. can the separation agreement from dswd be used as a proof/evidence in filing for annulment, 4. given the above situation, can they later on file for an annulment? Thank you

Asked on 6/17/13, 1:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


On question number 1. It will take more than a year. On question number 2, It will depend on the merits of your case. Just read this link for the grounds On question no. 3, NO, On question no. 4, They can file annulment based on Art. 36 but this ground has to be proven in court. If you read the link all information regarding annulment were discussed on the said website.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 6:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Philippines