Legal Question in Family Law in India

my husband recently suffered huge losses and started residing at his girl freinds house leaving us stranded ,,,,,,, i am leaving all alone from past 11 months with my two kids ...he some times interacts over phone and does not come to my house....... i do not want to divorce him which he plans too....just want to know by staying away or not coming home for 11 months or more , is he strenghtening his chance if he files for a contested divorce ????

Asked on 9/06/13, 7:34 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

No, on the contrary, by abstaining from home and living with another lady, he is weakening his case but strengthening yours for divorce and alimony / children support.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 8:28 am

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

in present situation, where the law has not been passed so far, he cannot seek divorce on the ground of irretrievable breakdown of marriage.

Thanks and Regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 9:16 am

dear client immediately send him notice through lawyer and ask him to come back to matrimonial home. if he will not come home after notice then file case of restitution of conjugal rights against him for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 10:52 am

dear client...

Contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 9:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India