Legal Question in Family Law in India

My husband suddenly changed after getting transferred to his hometown and he left me alone at my mom's place. It's been 2 months. Neither he calls nor communicates. What steps can I take further please advice

Asked on 7/19/22, 11:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

First decide what do you want from the relationship. Do you want to continue or do you want to end the relationship. In case you want to continue then file a petition for RCR i.e. Restitution of conjugal rights. However let me tell you continuing a relationship with such a person who has abandoned you is very risky. There is a possibility that he may abandon you again if you succeed in the RCR petition. Hence if you do not want to continue the relationship then prepare for a split. File a complaint in the CAW i.e. Crimes against Women cell in your area. Demand all your dowry back alongwith alimony in a divorce petition and part ways with him. So take a firm decision.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/22, 11:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India