Legal Question in Family Law in India

My husband treat me like puppet. I told that to my parents ,but my parents dont want to support me they suggest and force me to coprate with my husband .but i want to live my life in my own way.i cant file for devorce becoz i dont have any proff.i decide to stay abstain to him throught use my freedom right. Do ican stay saprate to him without give him devorce.if he be agree so i will give him devorce on mutual terms,bt till then i want stay saprate

Asked on 10/19/13, 12:33 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal

Yes, you can live separately. Though, in that case he may file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights, but not now and in spite of that you can't be forced to join him if you have a slight reason to live apart. If u have any confusion u may call me.


Read more
Answered on 10/19/13, 11:09 pm

dear client u can file dowry harassment case against husband under sec 498-a as well as domestic violence case for mental torture. u can also ask divorce on the ground of cruelty. u have to produce marriage photos or invitation cards in court for asking divorce. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 10/20/13, 2:31 am
Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions(

No body can force you to live with tour husband you are an adult above 18 you can take your own decision.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 12:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India