Legal Question in Family Law in India

i m 40 yrs wife is earning aroun 60,00 p.m. i earn around 70,000 p.m. we have two kids.aged 9 and 7 years.she has been staying at her parents house for 5 and a half years in a different city.i have filed for divorce.her family has said.. divorce is ok.u give reasonable amount for kids.

what wd be d reasonable amount.

how is maintainace allowance arrived at, it is monthly and if it is lumpsum.please advice.

Asked on 9/15/13, 7:45 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

There is no fixed sum for maintenance unless the court determines. You calculate the expenditure of two children and pay on monthly basis.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 5:10 am

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

You need to share at least ten years' living expense of your children. Depending upon their place of living and education, you should at least offer rupees ten lacs as 'child support'.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India