Legal Question in Family Law in India

Hi, I got married in Dec 2009 in Delhi as per hindu marriage. My wife got her first passport made in Jan 2010 showing my details. My wife was very abusive and she left for her parents home in July 2010 and never returned back.

I was continously tourchered on phone by using vulgar language by her brother on which i kept calm as he threatned to file false 498 cas against me. He crossed his limits and threatned to kidnap my mother and sister by goons after which i filed a police complaint. To my surprise the police also advised me to keep calm and after which i wrote to the comissioner of police.

I then filed for divorce in Oct'11 and repeated court summons were refused by her. We even got it published in newspaper with courts permission. The case has also turned one sided as my wife never appeared in court..

Now i have come to know from sources that my wife had left abroad last year. She hide her matrimony status and got another passport made from delhi on the basis on unmarried status. She always dreamt of living abroad and she did that. I know she had done a crime by having a second passport without disclosing the first one.

Kindly guide me on this case. In Oct'12 last year the rights of the opposite party were closed as they never appeared in court so the case proceeded ex-parte.

After that dates started coming 20th Nov’12, 22nd Dec’12, 18th Jan'13, 22nd Feb'13, 22nd April'13 and now it is 22nd July'13. My local lawyer says he got some points to prove on last date but de does not share those points with me. Neither he is giving me a clear picture of when the case will finish. Really feeling stuck up as I have already made 50% payment to the lawyer. Lawyer continuously cribs for money BUT refrains from any road map or strategy for the case…Kindly guide me what to do ?

Asked on 7/07/13, 10:11 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

The road map or strategy in a pending case depends upon the court file. Other lawyers may not possibly guide you. You have the option to change your lawyer, if you are not satisfied with the services of your present lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 7:06 pm

Lovkesh Gupta Advocate And Lawyer In Jalandhar.

court can grant divorce after t recording of evidence & send m details

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 9:41 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

your wife may be held guilty of forgery and fraud. her passport can also be impounded and she can be extradited if the treaty exists.

thanks and regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 10:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India