Legal Question in Family Law in India

I got married to on 10 december 2017. Our marriage was fixed a year before and he used to talk so nicely that I never thought he will make my life hell after marriage. He was in USA at the time our marriage got fixed and He came to India for marriage and on 28th dec, he went back to USA and I went to USA on 12 February 2018. Initial few months were good till I asked him about the reasons for not starting married life . Like anyother girl I had so many dreams with which i married him and I was so happy , I thought its ok , if he dont want to rush for physical relationship and it will start eventually. He told me he had some UTI then gave another excuse about premature ejaculation and then erection problem . I was supporting him but all he was doing was playing hide and seek with me cos the main problem is his orientation. I have whatsapp chat with his family members where when they heard from me and seen all the things he has said the same to me , that he is just playing hide and seek and all the problem is because of his orientation. If anyone wants to see whatsapp conversation I had with his family members , I can show.

We never had any physical relationship till now. After few months of marriage , I saw condoms, lubricants and viagra with him which made me doubt that he is sexually active . He tried to have physical relationship with me but he never had erection. He used to say he has erectile dysfunction problem so I asked him to take treatment . Then one day tired of asking him about his medical reports, luckily, I found his laptop and I checked his email id and he had chats and conversation in mail with gay people. He also has paid subscriptions of gay chat meet and dating apps with him. I have proofs of these too. And he was involved in such activities before marriage cos such mails were there from 2011. Then I saw his facebook and there too he had conversation with so many gay people. Then I found a medicine truvada with him which is a medicine given to gay people for prevention of HIV. Also he used to search for gay beaches in hawaii and there too he carried truvada with him. Also he always used to carry condoms and lubricants with him. He has also visited lgbt doctors clinic. I have proofs of all this things.I have clicked pictures of everything i found with him. When i told his family about these things I have found with him, they initially supported me saying he has done fraud by marrying u . When he knew wht his orientation is , he shld hv not got married. I have whatsapp chat of his family members where they have said such things to me . After that he started emotionally blackmailing his family members and all his family members had stopped talking to me and then he started torturing me and made my life hell. Then he started taking every alternate month rent from me saying u hv exposed my secret infront of my family and give me money or live in a different house in pittsburgh. I have account statement proofs to show these. All d jewellery given by my parents to me are kept in his mothers locker in kolkata. He is not returning my tax refund n stimulus amts. Now he got job in india and we came back on 31 aug 2020. I came to my parents home. Aftr coming to India, I met police and they have filed a complaint against him for the fraud he has done then he attended counselling and in counseling, he said , he will start married life, so police and counsellor said to give last chance to him and sent me to live with him in delhi. I stayed there for a month with him and again he made a fool of me including counsellor and police. Again I saw such things with him and he never had erection because of his orientation. Then the police and counsellor have called me back and lodged FIR against him. I request you all to be safe from people like him who marry hiding their orientation .As homosexuality is no more an offence in India. Their should be laws where homosexuals if they marry girls and spoil girls and her family life should be punished. I gave so many years into this relationship thinking about society , my parents and moreover foreign land where i had no one from my family.

There have been such cases in the past where a girl doctor in AIIMS ( Dr Priya Vedi) have committed suicide because his husband was gay and also cases in chennai and gujrat. you can google about them. I have faced this aswell and my parents are helpless seeing me in this situation. Gay people in india not only marry girl to save themselves and their family from societal pressure but also they and their family start torturing girl and her families in every possible ways that we loose our hope to live. Please dont fall in his trap and put ur and ur familys life in danger. He is doing professionally so good and he is expert in making u believe his lies that anyone can fall to his trap. One day when u ll find his reality , he will make ur life hell like he made mine. I have all the proofs of his orientation and all the wtsapp chat of his and his family where he has accepted about these things belong to him . I am sharing few of the proofs here and if anyone wants to see more proofs , can contact me.All these proofs are already with police now. Police have filed fir under section 498

Asked on 6/02/21, 7:07 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

It is unfortunate that you had to go through this ordeal for no fault of yours.

As you have already initiated legal action against him, you may mention as to what help you need from a lawyer here. As you have already lodged an FIR u/s 498a/406 IPC, you may also file a complaint under domestic violence act and seek maintenance u/s 125 of Criminal Procedure Code. You may also go for divorce on the ground of cruelty as the period for filing annulment of marriage has elapsed.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/21, 1:23 am
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Presently you may file 125 crPC maintenance case against him and 420 against his mother if she does not return your jewellery upon your demand.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/21, 6:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India