Legal Question in Family Law in India

I have married June 2019 & I am doing a job on private company. And due course of time i am always emotionally harassed by my wife and the asked by her, i am unable to fulfil her wish. For example buy separate home/flat in Bhubaneswar. Go separate from my parents & brother. Stays in her parents home and support the in-laws and their family. She continuously misbehave my parents(or her in-laws). There is almost each and every day some shot of urge by her & day by day my livelihood getting disturbed and am depressed. Due to this pandemic, we back to home & after 12 days she told, wants to go to her parents home and we all went there dropped her and finalized she will back after 15days but she never returns yet. They are not ready to listen or sit in chair for discussion, as my parents are keep trying for solution. She came of with some of demand like separation from my family , stay in city instead of my native home etc etc if you want me(my wife) to stay with you. Like that 9 month gone & now she informed me to get divorce. She still stays her parents home. Her Father informed us to go for mutual divorce.

She was working before marriage in auto mobiles company and now i am not sure whether she is working or not. And we do not have any child yet. And staying separately from past 9 months.

Could you please help me,

What could be wise decision and do i need to provide maintenance if we go for mutual divorce or if she applied of divorce ?

Asked on 8/02/21, 1:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

Divorce by mutual consent means that you both have settled all your disputes regarding maintenance, alimony etc. in case you both agree for it, you may go ahead else one has an option to file a petition for divorce on any of the fault grounds.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/21, 11:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India