Legal Question in Family Law in India

I am married for 7 years and separated for 5.3 years ...child was delivered after coming to parents place,...husband never bothered to know abt my whereabts...separation was due to tental torture...beatings and fights...i came bk empty handed...i hv filed for divorce and child maintenance...he is denying to gv back stridhan and is not ready to gv any maintenance...due to cobvid...the next hearing is in july end...counselling has failed...he says he cant pay more than 2k but must be earning atleast 75k ...bare min can be more...and hos mother is a pensioner own house...of mother...1 sis unmarried who does not work but is qualified...who used to torture me,..i m wokring and recently started getting 1lakh per month...will i ever get my stridhan back...and maintenance as he is denying...will filing 498a help

Asked on 6/20/21, 1:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

You can get maintenance for your child but as you are earning more than him, the maintenance for you may not be granted. As far as stridhan is concerned, one needs to go through the petitions filed by you and the future course of action can be suggested accordingly.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/21, 1:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India