Legal Question in Family Law in India

How can I proceed with Quashing of FIR of 498 A case? We have opted for mutual consent for divorce and the paid half the amount of the total money on first statement of motion and second statement of motion is due in next couple of months. In compromise deed the girl is ready to take the part in quashing of the FIR. Where shall I file the case to quash the FIR and which documents are required to quash the FIR? Please help.

Asked on 7/09/13, 11:05 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

You may file a petition for FIR quashing u/s 482 of the Cr. P. C. before concerned High Court of your area. A copy of compromise deed and her affidavit in consent may be considered by the High Court as the basis for quashing FIR.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 11:07 pm

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

you can approach the High court for filing the petition for quashing the FIR.

thanks and regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 2:43 am
Yash Kumar Yash Kumar & Co.

Dear Sir,

The Quashing Petition is filed only in High Court under section 482 Cr. P. C.

For further assistance you may contact on 08750228171.


Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 8:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India