Legal Question in Family Law in Puerto Rico

Am I required to pay child support to my husband's ex wife in Puerto Rico? Can she just request a modification to his child support payments to increase them just because we are married?

Asked on 9/07/16, 6:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luis Antonio Marrero Aviles Luis Antonio Marrero Aviles

The answer is Yes. But to avoid consider your income in the process either you should prepare a prenuptial agreement where the economic agreement is separation, (mine are mine and yours are yours); or live together without marriage.

This is an answer to the question presented without consider any evidence and not substitute a legal advice. Please contact your attorney for more details or an specific case.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/16, 2:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Puerto Rico