Legal Question in Family Law in India

After sending a reply to their notice in which there are all false allegations. Inorder to file a case of defamation against all false allegations where should i file a case they sent me a notice from a city which is 400km away from mine can i file a case of defamation from my place where i reside,The notice sent by my in laws is full of false allegations said that i came to their house and warned them seriously to withdraw their divorce case or else they will face serious problems and also life risk i only went to see my husband because he felt ill sending reply to their notice is enough because they are telling that i said that there will be life risk if they dont withdraw there case i didnt tell anything like that.

Asked on 6/20/13, 10:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Sir defamation means you should be defamed and it should be proved that your reputation or name has been defamed hence just by issuing a notice it cannot be construed as defamation. Yes if the contents of the notice are made public and your name and reputation is damaged then you can file a case.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 6:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India