Legal Question in Family Law in Nigeria

i am currently separated from my wife and she is with my child of 1 year and 2 month. i will like to have the custody of the child.

i work and she does not

i pay all the bills

she is in a house with her unmarried elder sister who know nothing of a child and all the rooms in the house are filled

the child does not have a room or major place of his own where he keep it things

Asked on 8/28/18, 10:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rotimi Ogunlade Rotimi Ogunlade & Associates

Generally custody of children of tender years is granted to the mother except certain circumstances can prove that the mother can not take care of the child. What I advise you apply for is shared custody. With that an arrangement can be drawn up where both parents would have access to the child. For further assistance and clarification feel free to contact me via email on [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 8/28/18, 11:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nigeria