Legal Question in Family Law in India


Decree Of restitution passed in favour Of me on 22 sept 2017 but my wife refused to join me thereafter I got married to other girl on 18 april 2018 . After marriage i compromised and dissolved my first marriage in national lok adalat on 14 july2018

Means decree passed 22 Sept 17

Second marriage 18 april 18

First marriage dissolved 14 july 18

Aftet this

My second wife lodged complaint in local ps and filed complaint in her home Court regarding bigamy, torture, 498a and 420

My second wife is pregnant from me. She is pregnant of 4 months. Now she is not ready to live with me any how.

First divorced wife is not disturbing me.

I have also filed petition under sec 9

Do suggest me legal suggestion soon

Asked on 3/21/19, 1:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

Your second marriage is like a "Live-In" relationship which got legalised w.e.f. 14.07.2018. Therefore, now she is a legal wife. The case is bigmay may not stand, but better to persuade here for an amicable settlement. You should withdraw section 9 petition and instead approch her through mediation, common friends, relatives. There is no harm in accepting her terms. You need to take her into confidence and secure her future. Litigation is not a solution. You are going to be a father soon. Try if you can enjoy happy married / family life. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/19, 1:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India