Legal Question in Family Law in India

Hi Sir,

My sister in law file two cases against my brother which were

1. Warrant of Summons Criminal Case, IPC none

2. Criminal Misc. Cases, IPC 12gh

for one of them I've received court notice. now she is ready to take her complain back but her layer is saying it is not possible unless my brother visit court. So can you please help me understand the process of withdrawal and is it necessary for my brother to go to court as it is far from our location.

Thank You.

Asked on 5/09/22, 5:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Details required to suggest remedy. Your brother has no option but to contest the case snd handel the situation strategically. Your brother is not required to appear on each date. Strategy can be suggested after examing case in details. Consult with detail.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/22, 4:55 am
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Your brother has to appear or else the court will compel his appearance. If his non appearance is affecting your case and if you want an early disposal, speak to her directly, draft a mutual settlement and file the same in a joint petition u/s 482 Cr. PC in the High court having jurisdiction.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/22, 11:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India