Legal Question in Family Law in Pakistan

My sister is applying for Khula by Mutual Consent as her husband is not bearing the responsibilities. Also, he is violent in nature and mistreated/misbehaved my sister. I want to ask about child’s (minor) maintenance limit applied to claim for the baby girl, who is 2 months old and not on the mother’s feed. In addition, my sister is with us for more than 10 months and there is no financial support for her (food, cloth, medication etc.) by her husband. We have endured all expenses for the child’s birth including all necessities (food, hospitalization and medications).

Also, what we can do if he is not bearing financial support and says that “I have no money to give you, I am jobless and can’t bear the responsibilities”.

What law says, if both parties don’t want to keep child (It is very awful to say but I want to know all the corners of this case).

Asked on 2/26/17, 11:13 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Adnan Bashir A B Choudry Law Firm

father can not escape from maintenance responsibility of his children. thats what law says.

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 2/27/17, 4:45 am

Salman Khan International Lawyer

Instead of Khula, file suit for maintenance.. [email protected]



Read more
Answered on 2/27/17, 11:29 pm
Owais Ahmad Qadri United Law Associates

all questions are required to be discuss any nearer lawyer who deals family matters.

so contact .


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/04/17, 3:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pakistan