Legal Question in Family Law in India

My sister got married in March 2013 to a NRI (Canadian). Unfortunately, things have gone awry because of his infidelity. Apparently, their marriage has not been consummated. Initially, she didn't want to take the legal recourse but after he chose to withdraw her visa processing, she thinks otherwise now. She is not a working woman. So what are her rights.

Asked on 10/15/13, 8:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

dear client she can get separate from her husband and can ask huge amount as one time alimony. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 12:29 am

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions(

First she has to decide whether to stay in the marriage or seek divorce . In case she choose latter she can file petition for divorce and ask maintenance pendente de lite and move an application for case she was met with cruelty during her stay with husband she can go for criminal complaint as well.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 10:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India