Legal Question in Family Law in India

my sister-in-law filed false 498a case on my parents brother myself and on my sister, i am married and has a 2.6 years old son, we live in mumbai and she filed case in interior area of andhra pradesh. every time i have to travel with my baby all the way.we both me and my sister-in- law NEVER stayed together. again i had been called in the coming month, please suggest me I cant do anything since she is harnessing me my kid and my family, every time leaving my husband and my home and being present there is not possible, my home gets disturbed ................please help...

Asked on 12/10/13, 2:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

You may file an appropriate petition before the High Court seeking

(a) quashing of FIR qua you; or

(b) exemption from appearance before police / court during investigation /trial.

Read more
Answered on 12/10/13, 8:13 am


There are two options that you can readily avail in your case. First, you can petition the court to remove you from the list of respondents because of the fact that you were never in contact with her and have nothing to do with her or her false 498a case, as you live on the other side of the country. Also, you can show how it is difficult for you to travel considering that you have a small child, and it is unnecessary harassment of the child as well. If the Court does not order your removal from the list of accused, you can execute a vakalatnama in favour of an advocate who can represent you in court. Your personal appearance will no longer be required for every hearing. If you require any further advice, you can give me a call on 09555 507 507 or send me a mail at [email protected]


Advocate Ashok Kumar;

Read more
Answered on 12/10/13, 9:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India