Legal Question in Family Law in India

My son in law has affair with another women.. My daughter saw them in compromising situation but could not click it so it is hard for us to prove as she has gone to hiding.. . my daughter is married for 13 yrs & has two children.. these years were too painful for her.. I live very far & when she told me I brought her home along with grandchildren. I could not file complaint due to no acquaintance to help me there...

now he is threatening us that he commit suicide if I not leave her back.. we cannot prove his guilt & except divorce no other option available.. he has no signs of remorse & neither he is ready to give


What shall I do now..? Should I send her back or law will favour my daughter in divorce? Or if he tries to commit suicide can there be any abetment case against us?

Asked on 9/06/13, 8:57 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

your daughter may file a complaint under Domestic Violence Act and she can also file a petition for divorce on the ground of cruelty. in case your son in law agrees, they both can go for divorce by mutual consent.

Thanks and Regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 9:09 am

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

You may also file a criminal complaint against your son-in-law, on behalf of your daughter. There should not be any worry about the suicide threats.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 10:02 am

dear client yr daughter can ask divorce on the ground of adultery and she can collect proof off adultery by taking help of private detective. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 10:57 am

dear client...

Contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 8:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India