Legal Question in Family Law in India

My wife has filed Maintenance case u/s 125 approx a year before

and now she is also demanding Maintenance u/s 24 in divorce case

can she file both..??

Asked on 11/18/09, 5:56 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Seshadri Srinivasan

Depends on facts.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/09, 9:34 am

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

You should start making payment of a reasonable amount before considering any defence.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/09, 12:44 am
RAJIV GUPTA (Cell: +91 9811284735) [email protected]

she can file both but she would be granted maintenance only by the court where ever she gets it higher. you can defend your case on the ground available as per law.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/09, 1:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India