Legal Question in Family Law in India

My wife has filed a petition seeking divorce and permanent alimony of Rs. 5 million. Case came up for hearing and at the stage of her evidence, she has told the court that she does not want any compensation and seeks settlement of the case. In our objection, we have claimed RCR and now the case is posted for mediation. What should be our stand? Please advice. Is it possible that I can claim the money paid to our lawyer from her since it has because of her, that I was forced to appoint a lawyer.

Is it still possible that I still maintain the stand on restitution of conjugal rights?

Asked on 7/20/13, 7:57 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lovkesh Gupta Advocate And Lawyer In Jalandhar.

send the details , so i can guide u properly.otherwise take stand of conjugal rights.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 8:05 am

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

Try to reach an amicable settlement. There is no question of asking about lawyer's fee. If she agrees for divorce, you should give your consent.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 7:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India