Legal Question in Family Law in India

My wife is giving me a tough time. she gets delusions. If I come late from work or donot answer her calls while I am driving, or if my phone is busy for long time, she suspects me of having an affair. She shouts at the top of her voice in front of my 12 yr old daughter. She says she wants a divorce. But I am not giving because I know the custody of my daughter will go to my wife.

But she is also supported by her sister who is a lawyer. Everyday my wife comes up with something weird to heat up the conversation into an argument & fight.

She also threatens me to put me & my parents behind bars. She has already put me once in jail complaining of domestic violence for a day.

Pl suggest.

Asked on 9/11/13, 7:57 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

dear client u can file divorce on the grounds of cruelty against her to get rid of all the problems. u can also file permanent child custody petition in court and can show the court that it is good for child to live with u for her future. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 11:46 pm

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

Stay cool. Make efforts to win her over.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/13, 2:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India