Legal Question in Family Law in India

My wife had gone to her parrents house last year on 5th may now 1 yr had passed she is not comming back.i tried my best to convince her but she is not ready at all.i dont want to give divorce .but many people threaten me that i should myself do expence and file divorce and give her or else she will file on me wrong cases of dv or any other thing and will ask me for money or else. and harras me.i want to know with in how much time limit after leaving my home she had to file any such cases. as if she file dv case than i can protest against her and on what grounds.

Asked on 5/15/13, 12:01 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

dear client she can file dv case any time. if u want to save yr marriage first send legal notice through lawyer asking come back to home. if she will not return then file case under sec 9 for restitution of conjugal rights. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 12:37 am
Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

As a defect measure, first you should start sending her sufficient money for her maintenance. The amount should be proportionate to your income.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 11:05 am
Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

Please read "defence" instead of "defect"

The amount of maintenance will depend upon the "standard of living" you provided her at the time of separation.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 11:07 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

You can seek restitution of conjugal rights, seek judicial separation, or divorce, to secure yourself.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India