Legal Question in Family Law in India

My wife is residing at her parents home in Bihar for last 3 Years, her parents came to our home and confirm that she will never returned back now. I have filed a divorce case in Delhi. After the notice serve at their home they filed a divorce case in Bihar and levied several false allegation in the petition. Now I have received a notice to present there, please guide me how to react on this, I don't want to go to Bihar for safety reasons. They have also mentioned details of false streedhan therein . Kindly guide for best way to overcome from this situation. Ready to give genuine streedhan not false ones and don't want to go to Bihar and want to get it closed as soon as possible, they are also not ready to come to Delhi. Please Help !

Asked on 2/28/20, 10:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeevesh Mehta Maven Legal LLP- Advocates & Consultants

subsequent case filed at Bihar is not maintainable. \\

You can file Writ Petition with transfer prayer before Supreme Court of India.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/20, 10:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India