Legal Question in Civil Litigation in India

I completed my LLB 2 years ago. Currently I am a employee in one of the Multy National company(US Based). Can I enroll in BAR Council. Plz suggest if I have any feasibilities to get it enrolled in BAR Council

Asked on 10/17/13, 5:23 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal

You may enroll yourself. But if u r on a payroll of company, u can't practice.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 5:31 am

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

As per the Advocates Act, you have to resign to get enrolled.

With warm regards,

Rajiv Chandhok


Chandhok & Company

Advocates, Solicitors & Corporate Consultants

6/59, W.E.A. Karol Bagh, New Delhi, 110005.

60, Consultation Room, Old Chamber Block,

Ground Floor, High Court of Delhi,

Sher Shah Road, New Delhi-110001

Ph : 011- 28753339 011-28757203

Cell : +919810050896 +919958477737

E-Mail : [email protected] ; [email protected]

CONFIDENTIALITY INFORMATION AND DISCLAIMER" This e-mail message contain confidential & legally privileged information. It should not be accessed by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects."

Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 5:49 am
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

A lawyer who is employed full-time in a Company is not entitled to practice the profession. If you intend to practice the legal profession full-time, it makes sense that you enrol your name with the Bar Council of India.


Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 8:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in India