Legal Question in Civil Litigation in India

In a layout having a registered RWA, can a resident file a law suite against another for violating bye-laws (for example, not paying maintenance). Or, if not for violating bye-laws, by making a case that I am overburdened with maintenance because other person is not contributing.

If feasible, can this be part of bye-laws (that residents are free, or RWA will facilitate, to file cases against non-payers).

We are contemplating this as a deterrent in our layout and wanted to understand its legal standing.

Asked on 7/24/14, 8:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

not an individual resident but an rwa can seek maintenance from the defaulting resident.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/14, 8:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in India