Legal Question in Civil Litigation in India


we're living in kerala ,india.a private road connects our home to panchayat road and the private road belongs to three peoples including my,the owner @the beginning of the road try to block the passage because a small quarrel between his neighbour.theroad is now opened for more than 18 years.this.the case is now on court.,will the innocent people like my father will get justice?

Asked on 9/20/13, 8:18 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should lodge a complaint to the local nearby Gram Panchayat / Municipality against the offender for blocking the common road, and requesting their intervention to amicably and speedily resolve the issue. Court proceedings may take too long for a logical decision thereon which is just not worth waiting for.


Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 10:28 am

sanjay . k . dixit Sanjay K Dixit, Advocate, Karnataka Bar Council Enrollement No: "KAR/898/2007"

Dear Sir / Ma'am,

As this is an Offence under the Indian Penal Code (IPC), thro' by obstructing the common passage, or servitude made under the Indian Easement Act 1882, and you have absolute right to lodge a Police Complaint, and also to make complaint with local authority.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/13, 12:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in India