Legal Question in Civil Litigation in India

My uncle expired recently and he was bachelor. He has own house and FDs in Post offices. Only in Post office deposit, he has mentioned nomination.

We were able to claim Post office Deposit as claimant (Nominee).

My question is, can we claim through this document for House also?

Kindly clarify.

Asked on 6/10/14, 4:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

If your Uncle has left behind a Will, the beneficiary named in the Will can obtain a Probate from the Court on the Will. If there is no Will, you can obtain a Succession Certificate from the Court and transfer the property.


Read more
Answered on 6/10/14, 5:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in India