Legal Question in Immigration Law in United States

I'm 27 year old male I was born in Mexico but my mom brong me to the USA when I was6 months old I went to school here since kindergarten and graduate from high school. only thing was when I was18 years I went to jail for sex with a minor cuz my girlfriend was 16 years but we been together since then now we're married and have two kids together I want to know if that could affect me to become a resident? The charge was a minsterminor

Asked on 1/29/16, 3:07 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys


Probably yes. It's likely a crime of moral turpitude, a category of crimes that makes one inadmissible and requires a waiver. That waiver is discretionary and not easy to get. I couldn't tell you with certainty whether your conviction makes you inadmissible without knowing the exact statute you pleaded guilty to and your sentence. I strongly suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney before applying for any immigration benefits.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/16, 3:30 pm
Salman Khan International Lawyer

For proper legal consultation on the matter share the judgment of conviction, the state of residence, marriage documents and other related documents at [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 2/01/16, 5:21 am
Charles Medina Law Office of Charles Medina

Your conviction might be a ground for deportation and inadmissibility. We suggest you to consult with an immigration attorney to evaluate the exact penal code, the consequences and your possible options.

You may visit our website at for our featured cases that cover the most complicated areas of immigration law. Our telephone number is 714-786-6835 and email is [email protected] Thank you.

The above reply is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/16, 10:38 am
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (800) 750-1828. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 2/12/16, 11:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in United States