Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Zealand (Aotearoa)

my fiancÚ was married n was in nz since 2011 , now completing 2 years of separation from his wife in nov2013 , but as I am engaged to him is it possible for him to join me in nz asap after marriage because I am 13 years elder to him.

Asked on 7/30/13, 6:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Simon Laurent LaurentLaw Barristers & Solicitors

I assume that you have NZ Residence or Citizenship.

Whether or not you have married, or the 2-year separation period has expired or not, is irrelevant. You do not need to wait until you are married.

You can sponsor him now so long as you can show that you have spent a certain period of time actually living with him - we recommend at least 4 months before you apply.

13 years should not be an excessive age gap.

Our firm does a great many Partnership visa applications and could assist you.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 5:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Zealand (Aotearoa)