Legal Question in Immigration Law in Puerto Rico



i have first green card(temporary green card)

befor 5 month.and i leive with my wife in puerto rico ,can i trvel to new york and return after 6 month to puerto rico?

thank you


Asked on 1/23/13, 6:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christian M Frank Fas USADefend Immigration

Hello Samy,

Travel to Puerto Rico does not count as leaving the United States. Puerto Rico, as a US Territory, is exactly the same as crossing from one state to another. Just be sure to bring your Green Card and some sort of photo ID, but there are no Customs entry checkpoints when you arrive on domestic flights.


Christian M. Frank

Read more
Answered on 12/18/15, 7:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Puerto Rico