Legal Question in Immigration Law in United States

Im interesed in going to study abroad but im currently living in the U.S illegally. To get a visa Would i need to return to my home country or could i get one in The U.S?

Asked on 7/17/16, 12:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Fisher Law Office of Eric A. Fisher. LLC

You cannot change your non-immigrant status without going home if you have overstayed your I-94 departure date.

If you overstayed more than 6 months, you cannot return for 3 years.

If you overstayed more than a year, you cannot return for 10 years.

There are waivers available, but you should meet with an immigration attorney for details.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/16, 9:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in United States